The SweetWater Music Festival is changing with the times! We’re offering aspiring, emerging
musicians (ages 14 – 29) a chance to perform for a worldwide audience as part of our
Next Wave Virtual Showcase.
Solo repertoire from applicants is encouraged as well as a RCM Grade 9 or equivalent
The Showcase is open to instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Performers selected as finalists will receive a small honorarium.
- Showcase will stream video clips online via SweetWater website, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), SweetWater e-blast subscribers, and links shared with other music presenters and media. More details to follow.
- Finalists will have the opportunity to have a Skype/Zoom music lesson with Edwin Huizinga as well as a chance to receive music career counselling from Edwin.
- Online forum for finalists to gather together with Edwin and talk about music, careers
in the profession, and more.
- Four of the finalists chosen to be part of the Virtual Showcase may be selected for a Mentorship Opportunity during SweetWater 2020 (September 18-20).
1. Complete Registration Form (please provide name, age, instrument or voice repertoire, length of piece, contact information)
2. Submit recommendation letter (from a teacher/instructor, music mentor) - one page
maximum, PDF format.
3. Provide video clip of your performance. Clip shouldn’t be longer than 12 minutes.
Movements performed can be excerpts. Send via Dropbox / Google Drive link to
firstname.lastname@example.org or email video link posted on YouTube/Vimeo.
SweetWater Artistic Director Edwin Huizinga will select finalists to perform.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JUNE 12, 2020
Completed application forms, letter of reference and video clips can be sent via email: email@example.com
For more information
Paul Eichhorn, SweetWater Manager 519 477 1403 firstname.lastname@example.org
The SweetWater Next Wave Virtual Showcase is possible thanks in part through the support of