Artistic Director Mark Fewer founded SweetWater Music Festival in 2003 as a small community ‘event’ to showcase luthiers and musical excellence. Fifteen (15) years later the festival has grown and is a successful three-day festival every September in Owen Sound and Meaford Ontario. It brings some of Canada’s finest musicians to the Grey Bruce area, showcases luthiers, and presents unique and groundbreaking contemporary, jazz and classical performances. It is well supported and loved by the community and gives back through outreach and education events throughout the year. SweetWater is a registered charity and not for profit organization governed by a board of directors, with a part-time Artistic Director and part-time Festival Manager. Its mission is to showcase the world’s best performers, and provide audiences with unique, intimate and cutting edge musical experiences that engage the mind, the spirit and the community.
The new Artistic Director will assume responsibilities for the 2020 SweetWater festival and be part of the transition with the current AD during the summer and fall of 2019.
The SweetWater Artistic Director:
· Provides Artistic programming and direction for the annual SweetWater Music Festival
· Plans and delivers innovative and high quality classical, contemporary and jazz performances
· Supports grant submissions to various funding bodies (OAC, Canadian Heritage, Canada Council, private foundations).
· Recruits and hires collaborative artists for the festival and outreach events
· Performs and collaborates with Festival artists
· Participates in educational, community outreach and fundraising initiatives
· Works collaboratively with the festival manager and volunteer Board
· Builds and fosters successful relationships with musicians, luthiers, patrons, donors and community stakeholders
· Furthers the legacy and success of SweetWater Music Festival
The Artistic Director is a three-year, part-time contract position.
To apply for the SweetWater Music Festival Artistic Director position send your current curriculum vitae and brief letter outlining your interest in this opportunity to: