Final Call for Applications
SweetWater Music Festival Artistic Director
Application Deadline February 8, 2019
SweetWater Music Festival is currently recruiting an Artistic Director to assume responsibilities for the 2020 SweetWater festival. The Artistic Director will begin work with current AD Mark Fewer in the summer of 2019 as a transition and be part of the 2019 SweetWater Festival.
SweetWater Music Festival was founded in 2003 as a small community ‘event’ to showcase luthiers and musical excellence. Mark Fewer co-founded the festival and has been the Artistic Director since that time. SweetWater is a highly-successful three-day festival every September in Owen Sound and Meaford Ontario. It brings some of Canada’s finest musicians to the Grey Bruce area, showcases luthiers, and presents unique and groundbreaking contemporary, jazz and classical music performances. It is well supported and loved by the community and gives back through outreach, education events and special concerts throughout the year. SweetWater is a registered charity and not-for-profit organization governed by a board of directors, with a part-time Artistic Director and part-time Festival Manager. Its mission is to showcase the world’s best performers, and provide audiences with unique, intimate and cutting edge musical experiences that engage the mind, the spirit and the community.
We are seeking an Artistic Director for SweetWater who will:
• Provide Artistic programming and direction for the annual SweetWater Music Festival.
• Plan and deliver innovative and high quality classical, contemporary and jazz performances.
• Support grant submissions to various funding bodies (OAC, Canadian Heritage, Canada Council, private foundations).
• Recruit and hire collaborative artists for the festival and outreach events.
• Perform and collaborate with Festival artists.
• Participate in educational, community outreach and fundraising initiatives.
• Work collaboratively with the Festival Manager and volunteer Board of Directors.
• Build and foster successful relationships with musicians, luthiers, patrons, donors and community partners,
• Further the legacy, vision and successes of SweetWater Music Festival.
The Artistic Director is a part-time contract position.
To apply send your current curriculum vitae and brief letter outlining your interest in this opportunity to: SweetWater Search Committee firstname.lastname@example.org