Application Deadline: April 22, 2022
Start Date: June 1, 2022
Position Type: Part-time purchase of service agreement (average 20 hours weekly, flexible scheduling) – Remote and in-person
Compensation: 26k to 30k per annum
Festival Location: Owen Sound and Meaford, Ontario
Organization’s Field/Discipline: Live Performing Arts
We are seeking a high-performing General Manager who will to be responsible for the overall executive leadership of the organization in collaboration with the Board and Artistic Director.
· Liaising with the Artistic Director to ensure artistic production goals are on track;
· Promoting and marketing of the September Festival and all SweetWater activities;
· Providing administrative support to the Board and Board committees, including budget tracking, coordinating financial matters, and record/file keeping;
· Developing all grant applications, with support from the Board;
· Supporting fundraising activities through creating “donor ask” campaigns and tracking donations;
· Developing and distributing online content through the Festival website, social media portals and e-newsletters;
· Overseeing media relations.
· Proven management and leadership experience in the not-for-profit arts/cultural sector,
· Experience with cultural festival operations and production;
· Passion for the arts and professional live music.
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Extensive grant writing experience;
· Experience with event planning and promotion;
· Knowledge of fiscal management;
· Strong computer Skills, i.e., Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Google Drive/G-Suite Zoom, online e-mail systems such as Mailchimp;
· Ability to update and manage website content;
· Strong skills in using social media platforms to develop and promote content;
· Strong strategic and analytical skills;
· Experience in working with a board and/or serving on a board;
· Ability to manage relationships with a diverse range of personalities in various roles within the organization and in the larger local and national communities.
· Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment;
· Ability to lead, as well as work within a team structure;
· Sound decision-making skills.
· Photography and videography skills are assets.
Applications should be received by April 22, 2022.
For queries, or to submit an application (CV, cover letter), email in confidence to:
Please note that only electronic applications will be accepted. While all applications are welcome and appreciated, the Search Committee will only contact those candidates who are shortlisted for follow-up and/or an interview.
Interviews will be held in late April and the Board hopes to confirm the successful candidate by early or mid-May in order to facilitate a brief transition period with the outgoing general manager.